It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: Welcome our Moderators, Miehina and Ichisumi!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
Well, I think it's time we needed moderators. :3

I've been all too busy at the moment, and I am currently out of town so I am rather unable to keep up with things.

Miehina and Ichisumi have both demonstrated excellent maturity and have made large contributions to the forums and I feel that they would do well as moderators.

Their duties are mainly just to keep things on topic and clean up and move around. And in case of spamming or any other sort of thing, take care of it when I cannot.

This isn't going to change the way things are ran in terms of rules and such. Still going to be very laid back. I just feel better knowing we have a couple moderators to cover for me when I'm gone. I will be a bit scarce these next few days, but I'll try to get on when I can.

Have fun, and congrats on us getting 6000+ posts!
Love
Tsuruko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:27 pm 
Toshi No Miya

Favorite Geiko: Naokazu + Suzuko
Favorite Maiko: Tsuruha
i feel very honnered to be a moderator on this forum and i hope that i will be a good mod and be a helping hand to Tsuruko.

Just as Tsuruko-san said, nothing will change. You all are keeping the boards pretty clean and are kind to each other ;).

Thank you for chosing me, Tsuruko, i will try to not deceive you and do my best!

Already looking forward to the 10 000 posts! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:27 pm 

Favorite Geiko: Miehina
Favorite Maiko: Mametomi
Thank you Tsuruko for allowing me to become a moderator. I will do my best at looking over things for you. :thanks:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:13 am 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

Favorite Geiko: Takasuzu and Sakiko
Favorite Maiko: Ayano and Ayako
congrats you two, Tsuruko has made a good choice ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:38 am 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Kotoha
Favorite Maiko: Fukuya
Congragulation to both of you! You really deserved it!

Post subject: Congratulations!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:30 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Congratulations Meihina & Ichisumi!

I haven't been on the forums in a few months [ crazy life ] and I can't wait to catch up on all of the disscusions.

[ this might sound weird ] I've missed the forums, I love learning new things about Japan and Geisha. I like reading everyone's different opinions.
Its cool to have a place to talk about my interests with people who have similar interests.

* whenever I talk to people about Geisha I become annoyed with other people who do not see a Geisha as an Artists, instead they refuse to believe that they were not prostitutes. Someone even said "GEE-sha girls" and I wanted to bite his head off!*

Anyways, I love it here!
Thanks Tsuruko!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:13 pm 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Kotoha
Favorite Maiko: Fukuya
I know what you mean! I really miss it, and its worse when i come on and see that i have missed so much!

I hate it too when people say Gee-sha. When i saw the name with-out even hearing it i knew how to pronounce it, and that was when i was nine, but maybe that was just me. I had trouble finding out how to pronouce certain words because i had never heard them being said like Gion for example i said it like Gone.