It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:27 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upgrade to PHP 3 - Supposedly. . .
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:33 am 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Wakana and Kogiku
Favorite Maiko: Katsuyuki
I am not liking this new board, to be honest.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
Katsumiyo wrote:

We're working on it, and it's just going to take some time. I just got the emotes fixed, so, that shouldn't be causing issues.

We were going to switch over to PHP 3 anyways, but as of now, we have to be on PHP 3 as PHP 2 is no longer supported due to security issues. We may eventually try some different styles, so this look may not be permanent, but for now, I'm just trying to get things running decently, so think of it as the whole diamond in the rough. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:29 pm 
Toshi No Miya

Favorite Geiko: Naokazu + Suzuko
Favorite Maiko: Tsuruha
Katsumiyo wrote:

what exactly don't you like about it? you are the first to complain, so i would like to know what it is that you don't like.

perhaps we could change a couple of things.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:39 pm 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Wakana and Kogiku
Favorite Maiko: Katsuyuki
You know, it's not the smilies or anything like that. It's just the color and and the overall ambiance of the space. It seems like the Links, i.e., "Board Index", etc., are always hard to find...maybe it's just me or maybe it's just new...still...It's nothing I can't live with...I mean, it's not detrimental to my fate or anything...but, I do like the fact that when the switch happened that it didn't end up like IG where you could only see half of the page
at a time!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:10 pm 
Toshi No Miya

oh ok. i see. well, it's true that the design is brighter and that it's a bit different to the older version of the forum, but it's nothing to bad. for me, it all looks brighter and cleaner this way. the forum is less wider for me as well (as i have a large screen).

the link thing, i think it is something we cannot change. but the colour and perhaps the layout we can change. this is something Tsuruko has to decide though. :)

it's good that you give us your opinion, this way, we can discuss and find all the things we should perhaps rework on.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:08 pm 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

Favorite Geiko: Takasuzu and Sakiko
Favorite Maiko: Ayano and Ayako
i also have problems with the navigation-part or whatever you could call this, it is also the part that i never liked about the IG forum. as purple is my favourit color i don't have a problem with it and it's not that i don't like this colors at the moment, but i would really like to test a little bit around with other layouts, just to see the options.

for the navigation... gosh, i will survive it i guess ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The thing is, I like purple too, and it's kind of what we've gone with, only Freeforums really only has one purple layout, which is the one we have. I would really like to have the backround a different color, something a bit more lavender, and I think it would pop the navigation a bit more, and it would look so. . .blended. I am thinking, Mariko, you're having the same problems I am with the layout, for me, it blends a lot, and is confusing, it's like it's almost too clean! I don't think I can import new styles, or change colors in styles, I wish there was a manual board editor so I could actually edit some of the PHP! I know if I could get at that I could edit a lot of things quickly, as it's just swapping some hex codes around for the backround color. :sigh:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:38 pm 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

just a question: would there be more options if you (means we) would pay? ... it would not be longer "free"forums then of course... but i mean there are hundreds of forums that are modified and edited and whatever and i just simply have no idea what it takes to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wouldn't even know where to begin in terms of going with paid hosting. It's been some time, and never PHP or mysql or stuff like that, just a basic html website, in terms of paid hosting. Freeforums does have paid options, like a dedicated host name, this or that, like for example, we could be tsurukomaiko.com / org or something to that effect, and one day, yes, I'd like that. I don't know if we're really prepared for that step of moving to paid space with that sort of thing. Nor do I know if I have the time or energy to deal with server issues. Freeforums is fairly stable luckily, I've been on places where the server crashes constantly. . . I might try firing off a question to support and see if they can help me out with layouts. . . There might be a way to change hex codes, and I might not be seeing it. . .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:58 am 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

i am totally of your opinion that the paid stuff is not a question of this moment, but i was more thinking about it in general, as i had no idea what options are there for now and the future.

but so far... i like it here around ^_^ and if it is brighter and "too" clean... okay, i can live with that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There would be honestly, a lot more options to do, though I am by no means someone who does PHP. I know HTML, but HTML is basically obsolete. I am pretty decent at editing and stuff and can figure out the whole, "This code does this, that code does something else" and etc. Changes like colors and buttons would be a lot easier to do, height, width and span of the board. Of course, custom modifications and such as well, though I'm not of the mind to think up exactly what!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:59 pm 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Mayuha and Kimika
Favorite Maiko: Fukusuzu
My rank changed with the switch, was that a glitch?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:58 pm 
Toshi No Miya

Hey Fuyouhime,

about your rank, we did an update of the ranking. we added more ranks and more rank images according to the number of posts.

you can read it http://tsurukomaiko.freeforums.org/changes-for-june-28-t656.html and here

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:34 pm 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Mayuha and Kimika
Favorite Maiko: Fukusuzu
Thanks, Ichisumi. Guess I need to stay updated with the technical stuff going on then :).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:34 am 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

:( nowi have the same problem with login in here, as i have it with IG: i can't use firefox to log in. when i type my name and my passoword in, it says that i am successfully logged in, but then it just brings me back to the previous page and i am not longer online. it works for IE, but i HATE IE - any ideas what is wrong? i mean it worked for quiet a while with firefox... :tired:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next