It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 9:42 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: Updates for 9-25-11 - VIP Memberships and add. stuffs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
Hello! Just another post and a heads up to everyone,

VIP Memberships

Freeforums is putting in a new feature that I think we'll really like for those who chose. They will be putting in something called, 'VIP Membership,' now the great thing about it, is that it costs less than $2 a month and there are NO ads for those who buy.

Freeforums, isn't taking all of the money for it, which is surprising. Half of it would go straight back to the forum in means of cash that could be saved or used for other projects.

If you would like to read more, you can go here: http://kb.freeforums.org/questions/108/VIP+Membership

It looks like a pretty decent set up, and I like the idea. Those interested in the VIP memberships should contact me. I will set up a dedicated Tsurukomaiko paypal that will be JUST for donations and VIP membership cuts.

Also, besides the goodies Freeforums promises, I would also allow custom ranks for each subscriber with a custom rank image for each member of their choosing.

Moderators

I would again, like to extend a warm welcome to Hisamari to our oh-so-empty moderating team. Hisamari will be updating the Library and the Hanamachi Subforum. I am *so* grateful of Hisamari's help and work on the forum thus far.

Plans?

So, I've had a few ideas bouncing around in my head. But I'd also love some input from the memberbase. I've been thinking of starting, at very least, a subforum for art, and a means to get some more members from that angle. I am also thinking about changing the advance discussion forum to just a discussion forum, where we could have a topic once a week, say, like, "Kanzashi," or "Different Musubi, what's your favorite?" and the sorts of things like that.

I would also like to beg and plead, those who have so loyally stuck around, to help me find some new members or at least see if we can't rustle up some old members who have simply drifted away in the last few months and years and invite them back. I really can't do this all myself, and I'd really like to breathe some new life into the forums and get things kick started. But to do that, we do need some new faces. I never started TsurukoMaiko to be some *huge* forum, but instead being an intimate BUT active place where Geisha and Kimono interested people could chat in detail.

If anyone has any ideas, or any suggestions, please, please, post them and don't be shy!

Post subject: Re: Updates for 9-25-11 - VIP Memberships and add. stuffs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:30 pm 

Favorite Geiko: Kotoha Suzuha Kokimi
Favorite Maiko: Hisamari KazuhaEriha
I'd like to thank you Tsuruko for giving me the chance to be a moderator.
During these days I'll start updating geisha library threads. If I change a thread I'll inform you. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:45 am 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Kikusturu
Favorite Maiko: Kanoyumi
I really don't know how to get more members but here are my suggestions which may be silly...
* have some competitions/give aways on the site. This will encourage people to join/post.
The way I see it is if there's more activity here the more people will drop by for a look.
*Create a TMforum account for flickr/blogs/whatever and comment on all the blogs you can find and just say check out the forums.
I follow links all the time. The more times a link to the forum is put up its more likely people will visit.
* as silly as it sounds: current members need to be more active (gulity :oops: ) more posts will pop up in google searches more often and ceate interest.

Congrats Hisamari!

My blog that I occasionally remember to write in...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree, if everyone would pitch in and post a little more and not be so shy, we could really get the cogs turning. I know it might seem like we've ran out of things to talk about, but if we need to devolve into talking about what kind of kanzashi or what type of kimono is our favorite then we might have to go in that direction if only to get things moving and to get others interested. Maybe even question and answer threads.

Competitions could be fun, but I don't yet know what would be a good one. A Kitsuke contest would be the easiest, obviously, but we really don't have the kimono fan base to do it, and about all I could offer as a prize, from myself, would be art commissions, ranks, rank images, etc, etc.

I might be able to pull that posting links to the forum, but I don't want us to be known as that 'forum that spams us every time someone posts about a Geisha." But now may not be the time to have shame. :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:49 am 
Okasan
Okasan

I'm guilty of being shy regarding the kimono forum, even though I'm learning kitsuke... maybe I should put my shyness aside and post some pictures :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Go for it, Mousy! We'd love to see how you're doing at Kitsuke! :D

Everyone, disregard the email you're about to get. Since I can't pick and choose between active and inactive members, I'm about to send out a mass email from the forum to *everyone* on the board. Let's see if anyone comes back. :)

:Spam spam spam:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:08 am 
Okasan

Favorite Geiko: Ichiteru Makino
Hello, I am really sorry. I haven't been back for months now because of my studies. But I'll go and look around for now (which might last until October... since I'm still busy). >.<

After finishing reading, maybe I could start posting updates of pictures and videos of maiko and geiko from japanese sites.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hihi, Chronos, it is okay if you're busy, I did want to send a little reminder out to people who have disappeared and see if maybe they had just forgotten about us. :)

I wish the Mass Email function could differentiate between things like whose been active even just lurking, and people who have genuinely haven't been around, and send to those who haven't been active in like, say, six months, versus only a few or who had taken to lurking.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:24 pm 
Misedashi
Misedashi

Favorite Geiko: Kofuku+Kyouka
Favorite Maiko: Chiyoko+Koyoshi
A good idea for finding new members would be to make a FB page for the forum. It helped me in a lot of occasions,actually. A facebook page isn't hard to manage at all and if you update it on a regular basis,it's a good way to introduce the Tsuruko Maiko with other people.