It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:35 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: The Rules of the Tsuruko Maiko Forums
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
First off, I'd like to say welcome to new members coming to this forum. Hopefully, with the support of new members, we can have an active and engaging forum that isn't stagnant.

I created this forum to provide a place to discuss Kimono, Geisha, and anything else Traditionally Japan. I have looked on the internet, and have only found one other place that provides such an outlet, but I find that place quite unwelcoming to new users, who, either know a little of the topics, or absolutely nothing of the subjects, but possessing a wish to learn about such subjects. I'd see new user after new user on that board, post once, get reamed for something silly, and then never post. Let me say, that this is a newbie friendly place. I will not allow such behavior or rudeness upon my forums towards people just wanting a place to discuss and learn.

My rules are very simple. Act Civil. Of course, it's not that simple and there are some things that will need to be addressed. But, as long as one acts Civil and is kind, respectful, then no one will have anything to worry about.

I have organized the forum into categories so to promote easy browsing. Threads I think do not fit into the forum place, will be moved to a category I think more appropriate. However, this happens, and there will be no consequences for accidentally placing a thread in the wrong place.

I do ask that users make use of the search function when they have a question, to make sure it hasn't been asked before. I also asked that potential discussions be searched out as well, but if you notice that a similar discussion has already been made, but it was a long while ago, feel free to start a new discussion. I'd much prefer seeing new threads then resurrected threads that are confusing and hard to wade through.

This is forum is meant to be fun, yet at the same time thought provoking. Debates are very much welcomed here, unlike another place. New ideas are always welcomed, but I do see that sometimes these long debates can upset others. Threads that I see going into debate mode, will be moved to the Advanced Discussion. This place will probably not be for the thin of skin. For the most part, I will not involve myself in an administrative way, though I may debate myself! The only way I will involve myself in an administrative way, is if the thread spirals to name calling or personal attacks.

I don't think I will see many problems, however, as from what I've seen, people who are interested in these topics are very mature and well behaved, but I simply place these rules more as a guideline then anything else. I feel the only other community over moderates its members and treats them like children, and here, I strive to make a forum that is mature yet at the same time not restrictive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think it's important to note, that this forum is about the users, as it should be. I see forums where the administrator seems to have a god complex and thinks that the forum is completely theirs. This is not just my forum, it belongs to the member base. A forum is not a forum if it has no members. I will always take into consideration what is suggested to me. I need all the feedback I can get so to make this place most enjoyable to the member base. My job is not to own and horde over the board and control it, my job is to create an atmosphere where users feel most welcomed and free to express themselves in creative ways.

With that said, members are free to contact me and express their concerns or suggestions to me. While I may not be able to please everyone 100% of the time, I will do my best to strive to do as such. I don't want members to fear me as an evil administrator but rather someone that is receptive of their feelings and desires.

Again, a forum is not about the wants of the 'owner' per say, but the members that make a forum possible, and I want to make it very clear this forum is for the members, whether they know a little or a lot about Japanese Culture.

My moderators are Ichisumi and Miehina, and they strive to keep the board just as friendly and as enlightening as I do.

I have picked moderators and will pick all moderators on the basis of compassion and understanding, not about how much they know. Everyone can learn something, even the moderators, and I want to stress that no one should have to 'fear' an administrator or the moderators upon a forum. While it is important that members respect the staff, it is just as important that the staff respect the members, and I will make sure that I pick only the best people suited for such work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just a small ammending, but because of recently, I've felt I've needed to add it. While I won't police the internet trying to stop impersonators, impersonators who come here will be dealt with accordingly. Impersonation of a Maiko or Geiko, or what ever the choice of said individual, is a disruption, and a major one at that, and I do not want such drama here.