It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:23 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: posting news / information about maikos/geikos
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:36 pm 
Toshi No Miya

Favorite Geiko: Naokazu + Suzuko
Favorite Maiko: Tsuruha
Hey Guys,

Chronos, ~mariko~, me and i am sure some of you maiko lovers have noticed this:

there have been massive reposting the same informations/news in different topics... the reason is:

we have to many topics about a certain maiko/geiko, erikae topic, sad news topic.

other problem:
"spam-posts" = "i agree.... nice picture!... wow awesome!" etc

now we have to find a solution for this. the best thing is to keep the informations in about coming erikaes in the erikae/sakkou topics and not in the individual maiko/geiko topics.

Please comment and every single idea on how to solve these problems will be much appreciated.

:thanks:

Post subject: Re: posting news / information about maikos/geikos
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:28 am 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Fukuya_Fukunao
Favorite Maiko: Tanewaka_Fukusato
Well for the spam posts, the best thing I can think of is for the moderators to just keep an eye on the threads and warn people (privately or however) about spamming. And after say, 3 warnings, you can ban the account for a week or however long you guys see fit.

I think the spam posts contribute somewhat heavily to the problem of reposting old information, because they take up so much space sometimes in between informative posts, making a 9 page thread more like 13 or 15. I think it's nice to voice our agreement and congratulations, and it would be sad to take that option away, but I'm not sure what to suggest other than we should all try to go further with our comments and have something unique to say, rather than 5 posts of "cool!"

About the reposting, I'm not sure what options freeforums allows you? We could try to make a "Karyuukai News" archive thread that only moderators can post to, listing important information. But that would mean going through virtually every thread to collect every bit of important information, sorting it, and then reposting it in an organized manner :/ This would also be a lot of work, but: maybe we could create a big spread sheet (like Microsoft Excel) of Years, Months, important dates, and what happened in those times, and then make it free for everyone to download, and then update them periodically as information changes or new information is discovered.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:42 pm 
Okasan

Favorite Geiko: Ichiteru Makino
I suggest we should rename Sad news thread, if toshiteru-san agrees. Quitting geiko career doesn't always seem sad news (ex. marriage). ^^ There we could post retirement news and some really sad unexpected news, etc., making it like a general karyukai news regarding a more complex issue.

But erikae news goes with erikae, misedashi news with misedashi. then calendar for old misedashi dates.

just my suggestion ^^

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:02 pm 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

Favorite Geiko: Takasuzu and Sakiko
Favorite Maiko: Ayano and Ayako
i wouldn't like a system that's using 'strokes' and after 3 you get banned or something, i don't think we need that and for me the idea of this forum was always to just have a nice, warm place.

i think if everybody just thinks a little more if his/her comment brings up something new or is just the 10th repeat, we could handle this. of course, sometimes there is nothing more to say than just 'this is awesome guys!', but nobody gets lost if he/she just agrees by nodding in front of the screen from time to time, if you know what i mean ;)

our forum is growing so we can't avoid from repeating information or repeate questions and i think that's fine, as we're getting new members that are maybe starting at a point we started at 2 years ago, and you can't find everything by using the search function (but it's really helpful!).
but we don't have to post the same information in different threads at the same point in time, that's bursting even the chance to start a good discussion about something.
to take the example of the erikae-news, i think the idea of posting the news about a certain maiko/geiko in the minarai-/misedashi-/erikae-/sadnews-thread makes sense, we should keep the threads about a specific maiko/geiko as archive for the pictures and place to have a nice talk.
renaming the sad-news-thread in 'retirement-thread' would maybe be fine.

i always liked how well organized this platform was, i hope we can keep this for the future!

:thanks:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
Hey guys, we're currently working on a plan to nip this stuff in the bud. We're hopefully going to come to some moderly consensus on how to approach handling information. For now, try to keep news to just the Erikae, Sakkou, Misedashi, sad news threads. I am hoping to find some time to fully go through things and clean the board up. We're getting a bit messy, guys!

Also, we're talking that posts not containing images, links, or short, but important information, need to be of some moderate length and contain some thought to them. We don't want posters padding their post counts, this just makes for a lot of clutter! We're not asking for any sort of perfect English or extreme essays, but no-no's are going to be:

"Pretty!"
"Oh, she looks so nice!"
"The Katsura really changes her face!"
"Wow! Her hikizuri is fantastic!"

Or variations of such. We'd like posts to be more than 10 words, and even beyond that. Tell everyone why you think she's pretty and go into things more, and we'll be perfectly happy. We just don't want to see people padding their post counts, as that's not what this board is about. I would consider TM about hobbyist academia if that makes sense. ;3

Maybe in the future we'll make some sort of praise thread for Misedashi/Erikae for
that sort of thing that'll be cleaned out on weekly basis.

We assure you that we will not be punishing anyone with any sort of strike system. We're not about that, and we're not going to do that sort of thing except for extreme repeat offenders. Of course, I know everyone here is awesome, so us mods really don't need to treat you guys like children and give ya time outs. We will be just deleting posts that are short and are like the no-no's.

Post counts will fluctuate when us mods have time to go through threads and clean out these posts from threads, so your post count may drop here and there.

For the time, we're not going to penalize picture or link posts, especially in the gallery forum. We just want to raise the quality of the board and free up the clutter some and make information easier to get at.

Thanks guys! <3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:29 pm 
Sakkou
Sakkou

Favorite Geiko: Kikumaru Yasuha
Why don't we sticky threads like Misedashi, Sakkou, Erikae, and other popular threads to the top. This way, when people want to post, those could be the defaults they could use.