It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:02 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: Photobucket
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:29 am 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Wakana and Kogiku
Favorite Maiko: Katsuyuki
I sat down today and was aiming at cleaning up my Photobucket Account. However, this has proved a most daunting task. I have so many pictures so many places and I don't want them to show up as "deleted or moved". I don't know which ones I have posted where! I am at my wits end! I have an album devoted to Wakana, as well, and I'd like to separate them from the others, but I don't even know where to start!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:05 am 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

Favorite Geiko: Takasuzu and Sakiko
Favorite Maiko: Ayano and Ayako
i have pretty much the same problem. for the moment i decided not to delete or move anything, but that won't work forever ^_^"

and you're right it's pretty bad if you search in an old thread and there's written "oh look at this cute picture, it's sooo unique!!!" and then it's "deleted or moved" T__T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
Yes, I'd like to rectify that problem myself. That's one of the things I don't like about other forums. They're supposed to be databases and it's all broken links.

If I had more time, I would probably download everything and re-upload it to a dedicated photobucket account or two, and swap URL's around to have permanent links. I don't really want users uploading to the forum's space, as it's very small. Like 10mb's, so I don't have room for people uploading photo's there, plus it squashes them so much.

My suggestion for now, if it's not too much trouble, perhaps sign up for a second account on photobucket to post what you would like to share on the forum?

Maybe we'll come up with a more permanent solution one of these days. :laughs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:08 am 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

Yeah, I have thought about just creating another PB account and then going back and looking through my posts and where I have pictures, I can always edit and put it back in. Hmmm....a lot of work ahead...but it must be done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:03 am 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

Okay, so I did it. This has been a night of pure Hell. I have now been sitting at this computer for almost 6 hours. I created a new PB account, and saved all of my other accounts' pics in it. Then, I went through my past posts and re-posted the same pics. After going over the posts, I noticed that a lot of my pics were no longer there...and they were not PB pics, so I had to go back online and find them and then put them back on PB, and then re-post them! Whew. I don't know if I got all of them, but I really am sick of sitting here. So, until another day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:44 pm 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

Favorite Geiko: Takasuzu and Sakiko
Favorite Maiko: Ayano and Ayako
wow O___O congratulations for that XD