It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: New Forum Section Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
Well guys, been a bit busy, sorry I haven't been around. Been pretty much keeping up with what's going on without saying anything.

I've noticed that threads have started to go a bit off topic, not too major of a problem and no one is in trouble for it, just makes it a bit hard to find things, ya know?

I'm thinking of implementing a new section that's basically for what ever anyone wants to talk about. It can go off topics, etc, etc.

I'm fairly sure that it will be called the "Ochaya." Cortana made the wonderful suggestion of the name, and I really have to thank her.

I'm needing a bit of brain storm on it, and I don't want it to be a section where people go to up their ranks, so I will set the forum to an auto-prune every week or two weeks so that everything is constantly cleaned out.

With me being so busy, I am close to having us get a few moderators. I already have in mind who I'm going to ask, but I want to know what everyone thinks about having moderators and how many. Mainly they will be to keep things on topic and make sure we don't get anyone on here that causes us trouble, not that we have had such, but it happens to every board, and with me having to leave town on the drop of the dime, it's not good for the board to be unsupervised in that fashion.

Let me know what you guys think. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:17 pm 

Favorite Geiko: Miehina
Favorite Maiko: Mametomi
Sounds great! I think it would be a good idea to have a separate place to just talk to everyone. It would keep the boards much cleaner. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:36 pm 
Sakkou
Sakkou

Favorite Geiko: Kikuyuu
Favorite Maiko: Toshiteru
I like the idea Aswell! It will keep evrything even neater! and i like the name! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:12 pm 
Toshi No Miya

Favorite Geiko: Naokazu + Suzuko
Favorite Maiko: Tsuruha
Ochaya.... Brilliant name. :D Cortana had a great name suggestion ;)

It's a great idea having a separate section for talk, especially that it's so easy to get off topic :D hehe

About the mods, i think you are the one that knows the best how much help you actually need :D so it's all up to you. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:03 am 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

Favorite Geiko: no preferance
Favorite Maiko: no preference
can we have a space for create our arts? like fanfics,fanarts,compouse shamisen music,Noh-like plays,etc? :D

Fuyouhime started a nice thread about mangá,why don´t we help us or do the same? :D

We know that karyukai are always misunderstood,we see such book trash :x ,we could write,illustrate stuff with more accurance :D

Last edited by Sakamoto on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:56 pm 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

Favorite Geiko: Takasuzu and Sakiko
Favorite Maiko: Ayano and Ayako
i like the idea for a space for the pleasure quarters, i mean the tayuu orian stuff.
it is different from the world of the geiko and maiko and they always seems to go under with all the maiko and geiko stuff. but i don't know how many different spaces are acceptable for a forum, that is not so big.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:44 am 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Kotoha
Favorite Maiko: Fukuya
Personally i think 4 is a good number because what if people are away, or any reason they are unable to be on for a while! but it really is up to you Tsuruko!

p.s. i think the name ochaya is great because its just like a really one. Thing change, are never the same and you never really know what to expect!