It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 9:47 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: Hey!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:23 am 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

I'm Akka. I've been a fan of anything karyukai-related for years, and have been lurking here for almost as long.

My first glimpse of the flower & willow world was when I read Memoirs of a Geisha around 2006. I soon learned that MoaG is heavily fictional. :wink:

My favourite now-retired geiko is Suzuha. My current favourite maiko are Mamekiku, Mamesumi & Katsune. My current favourite geiko are Miehina & Umeha. Umeha debuted as a tachikata geiko! Wow, skills. I think it's cute how Miehina's okaasan is her actual okaasan. Harutomi is a true family business.

I spend a lot of time on reddit, and the geisha subreddit is my baby. I've been posting gei-maiko related links on there for a while now.

Post subject: Re: Hey!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:52 am 
Atotori

Favorite Geiko: Katsuru Ichimari
Favorite Maiko: Mamefuji Mameroku
Welcome Akka! Looks like we have similar taste for geiko. :) Miehina is my favorite from Miyagawacho geiko and Umeha is, after Katsuru, my Kamishichiken favorite. Please enjoy the forum! :thanks: :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:44 pm 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

Oh, Katsuru was AMAZING. I was trying really hard to only list current geiko though.

Thank you for the welcome :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:28 am 
Maiko
Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Eriha Kofuku
Favorite Maiko: Konami Mameaki
Welcome to the forums :D I'm glad you decided to start posting; it's always nice to get a fresh voice in the mix.