It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:50 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: "Went To The Levy, But The Levy Was Dry" American Pie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:19 am 
Okasan

Is it me or is Flickr flickering out, as far as content wise. I started searching on Flickr since Feb. for Maiko/Geiko content and notice a drop. Except for a few standbys, seems there's less and less people uploading on Flickr. Instagram is popular now, but there is so much reblogging going on. Guess we gotta work a little harder.

Post subject: Re: "Went To The Levy, But The Levy Was Dry" American Pie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:01 pm 
Okasan

Favorite Geiko: Fumino
Favorite Maiko: Momihina
Browsing flickr became really annoying since their latest design change. The site is super slow and is rather CPU intensive. This may be a reason why people leave (not only Maiko/Geiko photographers)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:15 pm 
Okasan

Favorite Geiko: Katsuna
Flickr has been popular in Japan but they killed themselves. Most of the people in Japan have very slow internet connection so that's why Japanese websites often look quite simple and they are focused on text mainly. Flickr wanted to be fashionable and changed their design to the current one so many people left Flickr... I have to say I hate the current layout too, even though I'm working as an internet developer and I have no problems with connection or technological news. It's just harder to navigate on this website right now :/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:15 am 
Okasan

I keep forgetting that this is a global site. I just take it for granted on fast internet service. Can't really comment on the current layout on Flickr, cause that's all I know it to be and never seen the old layout. Japan being a country that prides themsleves on paying attention to the smallest details, yet are lacking on internet service is a bit odd since they are so technologically driven. With everybody and their smartphones nowadays how can you do without. So is Flickr & Instagram the only sharing sites

Watched Tokyo Eye- On Businesss(a while back but never made the connection), about their Wifi connections and how its improving the last couple of years.