It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:28 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: Email Issues and Messaging System
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
Well, I feel especially stupid at the moment. Anyways, guys, if you've been trying to get ahold of me and have been met with silence, it's because the forum has been forwarding any messages sent outside the PM system to a very long defunct email of mine and I can't seem to get freeforums to cooperate with me on figuring out why it is doing this.

That said, if you need to get ahold of me, use the PM system and I will get to you as quick as I can. If you are having a login issue and cannot log in to PM me, please shoot an email to Shavera AT gmail.com. I seem to have grand issues checking the other email box as well, so, for now, just use my personal email box! I will try to get this resolved, and I cannot believe this has gone on as long as it has. So sorry!

Post subject: Re: Email Issues and Messaging System
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:35 am 
Misedashi
Misedashi

Favorite Geiko: Kofuku+Kyouka
Favorite Maiko: Chiyoko+Koyoshi
oh! Ive been wondering for weeks why I never got a reply = _ =

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, if it's still pertinent, you can ask me now via pm or the email. I don't have your exact message. As I said, long defunct email, filled with lots and lots of spam. I was looking through for some old addresses I had lost and kept noticing a few emails in there that did not belong. I fought with the forum some this morning and I do believe it should forward all emails to one of my current emails, so that headache should hopefully be over. The crazy thing is, I would get some emails in the forum email, where they were supposed to be going, and the other half were going to this email, which is why I never noticed anything was up. Because I was still getting *some* messages just not all of them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:15 pm 
Misedashi
Misedashi

Favorite Geiko: Kofuku+Kyouka
Favorite Maiko: Chiyoko+Koyoshi
It seems to me like there's a serious bug in the forum system if your messages/mails get mixed up like that.... Oh and it doesn't really matter now - I just asked some things about forum configuration and changing design but that should wait until you fix these issues first.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's not a serious bug, it's just crossed lines. I think it was because the original board email was set to that defunct address, while my personal account, here, as in the Tsuruko username, is the correct email. Why it was diverting messages to that email, when people were to be emailing the admin, as in, me, I do not know. But now, it should not matter because the emails are the same. I had problems last night changing the email over, but this morning I was able to get it changed over to the current board email. So, whatever the case, they should be going to the right place now.