It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:34 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: PHP 3 is a go! Feedback and questions before the upgrade!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
Alright!

We're in the queue for being updated for PHP 3! This is going to mean a lot of changes on the way the forum looks. The main layout is going to be quite different, as the current template is not supported. I don't know really when the update is going to be completely put through. Could be as few as a couple days, or a few months, thought I suspect the earlier.

There's a lot of issues that I want to make sure everyone has a voice in.

Avatars - Do we want larger avatars? Something in the ballpark of 150 pixels or smaller, but no smaller than 100 X 100.

The Ochaya - Do we want to merge the General chat into the Ochaya?

If we do go with larger avatars, what about rank images? What sorts of things would you guys like to see in new rank images? Keep with photos, or perhaps go with a drawn style?

The logo - With the new template, luckily the logo does still go with, but would we like a new one? And what sort of stuff would we like? A photo? Vintage? New? Or some art work for a personal touch?

In general, what sorts of things from the test forum do you like, what don't you like?

Let me know, always looking for everyone's feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:51 am 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Fukuya_Fukunao
Favorite Maiko: Tanewaka_Fukusato
I like the larger avatars, just because some pictures don't look as nice when shrunk down, or it's hard for me to find the right crop for an image.

I'd say merge the Ochaya with the General Chat (but I like the name "the Ochaya" better than General Chat ;)).

I really like the rank images that we already have, they're unique and really pretty. I'd have to see the drawn style to really decide.

And, actually I have a question about the logo: Who is that maiko? She's stunning. Does she have any personal significance to you? If we go with a new photo, I'm personally a big fan of vintage geiko photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:36 pm 
Sakkou
Sakkou

Favorite Geiko: Kikumaru Yasuha
Yeah, what will be the difference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:29 pm 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

Favorite Geiko: Takasuzu and Sakiko
Favorite Maiko: Ayano and Ayako
please give us rank pictures again XD i really love them, they're very unique and i don't know another forum using them in this way. maybe we could have more ranks (but i don't know which) or you need more posts to go through the ranks - somehow it was pretty fast to be senior geiko O__O

about the avatars, mhh... 150x150 is big, but it would be ok if you ask me (when ichisumi creates some new avas :lol: )

and i prefer the name "ochaya" and to be honest i like it, that it is private i wouldn't show pictures in a public thread. yes i know, everybody that joins this forum can see them, but that is less than the people who are observing and i know most of the people here a little bit more.

the logo is great, i like it. for me there is no need to change it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:43 pm 
Toshi No Miya

Favorite Geiko: Naokazu + Suzuko
Favorite Maiko: Tsuruha
i hope we keep the quick reply *_* really useful thing.

about the avatars, 140*140 looks good too. i don't think a larger avatar would slow down the forum, because the "size" 15kb, has to stay the same for 100*100 as also for 150*150.

merging ochaya and general chat would be good. but just like for ochaya, the posts shouldn't count that are made in there.

should we keep the auction, ebay, shops etc forum? there is almost no activity. threads regarding those topics could be posted in the general-ochaya forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ichisumi wrote:
i hope we keep the quick reply *_* really useful thing.

about the avatars, 140*140 looks good too. i don't think a larger avatar would slow down the forum, because the "size" 15kb, has to stay the same for 100*100 as also for 150*150.

merging ochaya and general chat would be good. but just like for ochaya, the posts shouldn't count that are made in there.

should we keep the auction, ebay, shops etc forum? there is almost no activity. threads regarding those topics could be posted in the general-ochaya forum.

The only way the Avatars can be more than 15kb is if they're hosted offsite, like on Photobucket, and that won't slow the forums down, but will depend on the site where the avatars are being hosted.

The quick reply should be active on the test forum, but for some reason it's not, maybe it will when TM gets updated, who knows, if it isn't when we get upgraded, I'll pay a visit to the support site. :)

The shops thread? That's probably a good idea. . . There really isn't any activity. Maybe keep one one forum for all that. I'm thinking of combining all the shop adverts into one thread, and then have all the shopping related stuff, like rinkya, crescent, ebay, etc, all in that one forum.

I would like to expand our kimono section, but I still feel we get enough posts and topics in it. :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

~mariko~ wrote:
please give us rank pictures again XD i really love them, they're very unique and i don't know another forum using them in this way. maybe we could have more ranks (but i don't know which) or you need more posts to go through the ranks - somehow it was pretty fast to be senior geiko O__O

about the avatars, mhh... 150x150 is big, but it would be ok if you ask me (when ichisumi creates some new avas :lol: )

and i prefer the name "ochaya" and to be honest i like it, that it is private i wouldn't show pictures in a public thread. yes i know, everybody that joins this forum can see them, but that is less than the people who are observing and i know most of the people here a little bit more.

the logo is great, i like it. for me there is no need to change it.

Hmmm. . . More ranks. . . Perhaps, at the same time, I don't want to have those who've already earned their ranks have to be ranked to space them out more and to add more, and I don't quite know what else to put in between them at the moment. I might have to redo them none the less with all the calls for bigger avatars, want it to be neat tidy ;). Of course, having bigger avatars will give me more to do with the ranks, give them a bit more complexity. I do prefer the name Ochaya as well, that was an excellent idea from Cortana. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:02 am 
Minarai
Minarai

yes we should merge the General chat into the Ochaya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:54 pm 
Toshi No Miya

after geisha there could be:

jikata geiko 1000 posts
tachikata geiko 1500 posts
natori geiko 2000 posts
atotori 2500 posts
okasan 3000posts

just an idea how it could be...

Last edited by Ichisumi on Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:03 pm 

Favorite Geiko: Miehina
Favorite Maiko: Mametomi
Ichisumi wrote:

jikata geiko 1000 posts
takashita geiko (dancer geiko... don't remember the correct term)1500 posts
natori geiko 2000 posts
atotori 2500 posts
okasan 3000posts

I think you are looking for the term Tachikata. Those sound good. I like that idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:16 pm 
Toshi No Miya

thanks Miehina! :chuuu:

about a forum just for kimono... i don't know. there isn't enough activity in it i think.>_<

perhaps a discussion thread only for kimono? just like there is the week discussions about flower and willow world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:26 pm 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

Favorite Geiko: Takasuzu and Sakiko
Favorite Maiko: Ayano and Ayako
atotori was my rank i wanted to choose after reaching 1000 XD

but the ranking sounds good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:39 pm 
Sakkou
Sakkou

Favorite Geiko: Kikumaru Yasuha
Miehina wrote:
Ichisumi wrote:

jikata geiko 1000 posts
takashita geiko (dancer geiko... don't remember the correct term)1500 posts
natori geiko 2000 posts
atotori 2500 posts
okasan 3000posts

I think you are looking for the term Tachikata. Those sound good. I like that idea.

What is a Tachikata?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:41 pm 

Favorite Geiko: Miehina
Favorite Maiko: Mametomi
Tachikata is the term used for Dancer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:49 pm 
Toshi No Miya

could we make a subforum for "Tsuruko forum Resources"?

for Avatars, signatures, tutorials for posting, linking back to pictures, etc???

would be great if we could do that.

Tsuruko... please tell me what avatar size you decided to take, i want to start creating avatars again... but since i don't know the size they will have, i don't want to redo everything.... :oops: