It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:34 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: New Additions to the Forums*edit*
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
I've opened two new subforums to our growing forums to help keep things nice and neat for users.

We now have a Japan General section that is for anything Non-Kimono, Non-Flower and Willow but Japan related.

Also, I've added a Maiko and Geiko Gallery. I think the user base will enjoy this forum very much. Post topics on all the Maiko and Geiko, with photos and info.

These forums are now open, and feel free to post. :)

I would still like to change Kimono to Kimono General, and open up a Kimono Database as well as a Kitsuke Help and Gallery forum, but we don't get very many posts in our Kimono section, so that'll have to be staved off for the moment. ( Don't want to spread our forums thin! XD ) That said, do feel free to post such threads and get our little kimono section going so I can expand upon it! If you have friends interested in Kimono, do suggest that they join us and help us grow!

Thanks to everyone for helping us make it this far! I hope everyone enjoys our new additions!

I've also played with the ranks a bit today. Spaced it out some and added a few ranks inbetween. I've started working on the rank images, and I have rank images for Shikomi and First Year Maiko done. Mainly I'm taking photos and reworking them and making them look like a cg piece. I'm probably going to stick to old photos in my collection, however, if anyone has some nice scans of vintage photos of the ranks of Geisha that I need ( most of them ) to do, and would like to share, please feel free! As it stands, I don't have any decent photos or postcards of a Maiko in misedashi, or Erikae for that matter.

Last edited by Tsuruko on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:34 pm 
Toshi No Miya

Favorite Geiko: Naokazu + Suzuko
Favorite Maiko: Tsuruha
i was working on a obi-types+pictures post XD but illness and work keep me away from pc... LOL

i really enjoy the maiko and geiko gallery. it will be much easier to find threads on your fave maiko-geiko. and everything will be more organized.

you do a great job as a admin! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Take your time, I know you're busy, and you still manage to do so much! Do get better soon, being ill is no good!

Ah, thank you for your words, I still am trying to always be a better admin, though I'm disappoint to say someone threw a tizzy fit earlier that I had to go clean up. ::sigh:: I just can't seem to please everyone. :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:22 pm 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Umeha
Maybe instead of Maiko + Geiko Gallery, change it to Hanamachi gallery instead, you know, because we also have Oiran and Kabuki all in the mix as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cortana wrote:
Maybe instead of Maiko + Geiko Gallery, change it to Hanamachi gallery instead, you know, because we also have Oiran and Kabuki all in the mix as well.

Maybe, but we'd have a separate subforum for such, but we don't get that many posts on Oiran, Kabuki, Tayuu, etc.

The point of the Maiko + Geiko gallery is for specific Maiko and Geiko, so it doesn't mean you can't post a gallery thread in the Geisha General thread on the subject of Yujo and Kabuki. :) Right now, there's just not enough threads on those subject to make their own thread, maybe in a few months should interest in those subjects increase, they'll get their own thread to keep everything nice and clean. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:44 pm 
Sakkou
Sakkou

Favorite Geiko: Kikuyuu
Favorite Maiko: Toshiteru
tsuruko san heres some pictures from the ranks you needed.(i guess saving photos does help sometimes besides making myself wallpapers.lol)

ImageImageImageImage hope these help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you, Toshiteru! That last one is especially nice and may just end up as our Geiko rank image. :) Thank you again! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:50 pm 
Sakkou
Sakkou

Favorite Geiko: Kikuyuu
Favorite Maiko: Toshiteru
No problem. :D ( the last one is my fav. too.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:31 pm 
Sakkou
Sakkou

Favorite Geiko: Kikumaru Yasuha
You should take pictures of the Sakko period or use pictures of geiko on their Eri Kae day and use them for the Erikae state.

I notice you did change the ranks because I went from Geiko to Erikae and have 380 posts.

I am not mad, I just wish the table for rank values were posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey Dame! Got those up, sorry I forgot to get back to that. My mind is sometimes so. . . distracted. XD I used to have the old ranks somewhere. . . Now they have their own thread. :D

You'll be back to Geiko soon. I just wanted to spread things out a bit and add a bit more to the ranks.

The problem with an Erikae photo is finding something I can use without strings. That's why I'm wanting to stick to vintage postcards and photo scans, so need to find one. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:49 am 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Kotoha
Favorite Maiko: Fukuya
I love the photo of the 4 maiko and 4 geiko all holding their hem with their left hand! The look positively stunning! Thank-you toshi-san! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:40 pm 
Toshi No Miya

would it be possible to add a subforum to the General Forum? i was thinking of "Forum Ressources". posts like tutorials to posting, signature requests or avatar thread could go in there. i think it doesn't really fit in the rules and announcements. Most users might not find the threads :D

just asking ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:29 pm 
Toshi No Miya

so i guess it's a no :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:57 am 
Atotori-Moderator-San
Atotori-Moderator-San

Favorite Geiko: Takasuzu and Sakiko
Favorite Maiko: Ayano and Ayako
i think that is a good idea, ichisumi-san. then it would be very easy to find all the tutorials, because i don't think they are all sticky, aren't they?
and the thing about the avatar-thread is totally my opinion, i just found it by accident.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmmm. To do subforums within all the subforums, I need to be using php BB 3.0 versus 2.0 which we're on. I do plan on converting the forum to that, but I want to do it when I have a lot of time. It'll be no good if I end up crashing the forum and leaving it in shambles because I haven't the time. I'm planning in March to switch it over, when I have spring break, and I can sit in front of the computer for 24hours of time to get everything set up. :p

I will go move the avatars into the general thread and sticky it. Alright? One of these days we'll get everything nice, neat, and perfect! XD