It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:26 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: Moderators
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
Hello guys! Sorry it has been so quiet for us here, but, I think everyone has been quite busy!

You might notice that the moderators have been taken down. I have not had contact with Ichisumi since January, I do not know where she has gone. Miehina, due to those things in life that tend to get in the way, is unable to moderate, but once he is able to come back, he will be re-modded right away.

I have also lost contact with Mariko, unfortunately.

So as it stands, we do not have any moderators, so perhaps it has been a good thing that it has been quiet around here. I am looking to find one new and dedicated moderator. I would like to allow people to nominate people on the board whom they think would make a good moderator, and I will go from there on contacting users and making a decision from there.

I hope everyone has had a good summer and I hope things will soon pick up for us here on Tsuruko Maiko. As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to post them here or to PM me. Thanks again!
Tsuruko

Post subject: Re: Moderators
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:51 pm 
Hmm I don't like this news, as if it was the beginning of the end. I'm maybe too pessimist but since a while the forum is very unusually quiet, we are few members to post and if the other moderators have disappeared...well it's really not reassuring.
I hope you will have news of Mariko & Ichisumi.

Fortunately you're still here Tsuruko, thank you too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I know it might seem that way, but I'm not going to let the board just slip quietly into the grave.

I am only one person though, and by no means can I alone revive the board. I'm doing my best to find some time to spend on the forum to clean things up, to give people something to talk about, but at the same time I am half out of ideas, and with life as it is, it is very difficult.

I'd like to find new members, but I don't even know where to start looking. I don't quite feel so right about spamming deviantart these days. :P

That said, I think the quietness also has a little to do with how quiet things have been on the information front. We don't have near as much coverage as we had a year ago, or as much nice little tidbits of information to pass around and share and to chat over and mull over, and right now, it does seem largely like what can be said has been said and to do anything more is just over reiteration.

I'd really like to reinvigorate forum, but I do need to know what the members think, what their ideas are, and for them to pass the word down about our forum. :)

But no, I won't be leaving or leaving the board to die. I've put too much work into things to let them go by the wayside. I *do* sincerely hope Mariko and Ichisumi are alright, but I don't want to leave them on as moderators when they're not around and are unable to help anyone that may have questions and concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:29 pm 
Yes, it's right that there aren't so many news these last times. Usually from September we begin to know dates of misedashi or erikae for the fall & winter about which to chat, this year we don't know anything except suppositions of misedashi in Gion Higashi and the erikae of Tsuruha & Ayano.
Maybe, no surely, the forum will relive when news from Kyoto will come again.

I attach a big importance for this forum not to see it dying (just look at my number of posts to be convinced ^o^;;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:20 am 
Okasan
Okasan

I too hope this is not the beginning of the end either!

As for moderators, I hope we can find new moderators soon. I don't know if I would be a good one, for instance, cause I have got very little forum experience (actually, this is the only forum I ever joined), but maybe some other users do have some experience and would like to take up the task...

Finally, just an idea from the early days which I miss: could we have again the Miss TM maiko and geiko contest again? It was fun! I was even thinking of having a best outfit of the year contest or something like that, just for fun :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello, Mousy! Definitely a good idea, but I fear I wouldn't have the time to run it, and it used to be DameDiabolique's project. I would try to PM her first, even if she hasn't been around lately and see if you can rouse her back onto the forums. ;) :Innocent:

If you can't get ahold of her, I'll try emailing her through the forum interface, and we'll see if she'd like to run the contest again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:56 am 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Kikusturu
Favorite Maiko: Kanoyumi
I'm sorry to hear its been quiet lately.
I know I haven't been around much because I haven't been doing my odori programs lately and I'll usually have a poke around when I upload them.
I do agree about the lack of info coming in is going to affect the conversations that take place, need to find a new informant lol
I hope the other mods are doing ok and you find a replacement soon.

My blog that I occasionally remember to write in...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:50 pm 
Erikae
Erikae

Favorite Geiko: Ichiyuri Sayaka
Favorite Maiko: Chizu Ayano of P
It's so bad to hear that.. I hope that Miehina will come back soon and new moderators will make the forum more alive as it was before. I really thank you Tsuruko!! I was absent for a longer time because of summer vacations time, I couldn't write on forum for like 2 months but now I'm back:) I would love to be a moderator but I don't have enough time for that..I'm going to school and I have really a lots of work after that also, so I guess I wouldn't be a good moderator even tought I know a little bit how forums like that works, maybe If I wil be more free I will tell you Tsuruko:)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And I think that is another thing. A lot of us have been off for summers and such. I've been in the UK for almost two months! Eiii!

But yes, trying to get back into the habit of things. I really *am* around, I'm just not really the most talkative of people, and then when I'm tired with school work and work, I am even less so, so please forgive me.

I am thinking, when we get new moderators, that I am going to try something new. Instead of having 'global' moderators, who moderate the full board, I might elect to pick a person for one section here and there, and then it won't be terribly burdensome. I've seen it done on other forums, and I think it may work nicely here. I can pretty much take care of the normal sections myself, but the libraries and such could use an extra hand here and there, and I unfortunately cannot keep up with the calendar or the retirees and such.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aaaaannnndddd one thing has gone right.

We will be soon having a new moderator. Hisamari will be moderating the Geisha Library and the Hanamachi News subforum and keeping things up to date there.

I am going to try out just having moderators for sections instead of the whole board. The whole board is just overwhelming, I think. Anyways, with that said, if you have any concerns or information to be added into the library or Hanamachi news, that is best directed towards Hisamari once I've got their account set up for moderating.

Other forums, for the time, please continue to direct to me. Any sort of concerns, upsets, etc, again, direct to me. :)