It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:17 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Don't Forget To Introduce Yourselves! *wink*
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:36 am 
Well, welcome on TsurukoMaiko Aiumi ! :D I hope you will enjoy the forums and find interesting informations. :-)

Post subject: Koto is my interest ...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:38 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

and dulcimoo is my handle. I started on the net in 1987 ... when I liked dulcimers and cows ... therefore dulcimoo. I have been playing koto for a few years ... and searching for information on Kimono (as I need to get one for the group I play in) is what got me here. I am a man. And old. ... and must be krazy to be trying to learn koto at my age ... but whatever. If you live in SoCal and play japanese music I would be interested in meeting or at least exchanging email.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:03 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Hello Tsuruko,

Sorry for the long introduction. はじめまして!My name is Mari. I came upon your site when searching for a particular subject.
I travel to Japan yearly to perform music then attend many concerts while there. At one of the concerts, I befriended a girl with a handicap. We've been great friends since then and her father has been very grateful. Her family played shamisen/samisen for generations. Her father was supposed to pass the shamisen onto his daughter, but because of her handicap she cannot play. Her Father handed the shamisen to me as a gift and asked if I could make the shamisen "sing again".
It is great honor to receive such a precious gift, but I don't know how to play. In searching for shamisen lessons in Maryland, I saw you know someone who re-skins Shamisen. Would you know someone willing to teach me this wonderful traditional instrument from the land I love?

ありがとうございました、
Mari   :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:58 pm 
Okasan

Favorite Geiko: Fumino
Favorite Maiko: Momihina
Hello, all!
I've been stalking this forum for quite a while and came to the conclusion that if I want to be informed and research, it's better to be a member of a Geisha-Fan-Community :D
Currently I'm building my own little Geiko and Maiko-Database and while (nearly) everything I need to know about Gion Kobu can be found on Flickr and Tumblr and etc., the rest can be found in such forums. Thank you, forum, for existing! And thank you everyone for the resources! :D

Last edited by Skygge on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:55 am 
The Okasan
The Okasan

Favorite Geiko: Mamesuzu
Favorite Maiko: Satsuki
Welcome on Tsuruko Skygge :D.

My avatar is a photo taken by Canonplanet :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canondream/4527052848

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Favorite Geiko: Eitaro
Favorite Maiko: Mamechika
Hello! I figured it be best to do this since I just joined ^.^ I started looking at Maiko/Geiko about two years ago as part of a school project. Since then I've absolutly fallen in love with the dancing style and the shamisen. I'm a bit shy so, if I seem a bit distant it's because of that reason.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:41 am 
Okasan
Okasan

Welcome Ichiryu!
Enjoy the forum! And don't worry, we are very friendly (I myself am quite shy too!).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:10 pm 
The Okasan
The Okasan

Welcome Ichiryu ! :)
Wow your favorite geiko is Eitarô !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:33 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Hi, I'm Shona. :) I came to this site because I just opened a fledgling Kimono Rental and Fashion Business online and would like advice, information and encouragement!

I am a sewing machinist by trade and live in Melbourne, Australia. Please have a look at http://theryugiya.ecrater.com.au/ if you'd like to see most of my kimono collection! XD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:02 pm 
The Okasan
The Okasan

Hello Shona and welcome in our family of crazy fans. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:59 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Favorite Geiko: Kyoka+Kofuku
Favorite Maiko: Eriha+Chiyoko
I'm re-introducing myself as for some reason i cannot access my old account (reihana) so I had to re-register. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:54 pm 
Atotori

Favorite Geiko: Katsuru Ichimari
Favorite Maiko: Mamefuji Mameroku
I guess it's time to introduce myself... My name is Nina and I'm a HUGE fan of Japan. Well, I'm not a really typical one, because I'm not really into manga and anime. I'm more interested at the traditional side of Japan like Kabuki, Bunraku, Noh and, ever since I was old enough to realize how lucky I am to have a grandfather who went to Japan (and who was the first one to introduce me to Japanese culture and customs), Geisha. So that's why I registered. I hope to learn new things about this mysterious world here and I hope the knowledge I have about Japan, its tradition and customs will help others on the forum as well. xD So, that would be it for now. I hope we will all become good friends and have good time here.
P.S. Thanks to everyone who had the patients to read this long (maybe even boring) introduction :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:59 pm 
Geiko
Geiko

Favorite Geiko: Umechika
Favorite Maiko: Umechie+Mamechika
I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and finally decided to join. So...hello. I'm not sure how much sense my username makes, but I wanted to do something with "ume" in it because I'm a fan of Umechika-san and the Umeno okiya in Kamishichiken. She was the first maiko I learned about and sparked my interest in the profession and lifestyle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:54 pm 
Okasan

Favorite Geiko: Fumino
Favorite Maiko: Momihina

Last edited by Skygge on Mon May 02, 2016 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:11 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Hi all, I'm a 34 year old mom living in Canada who fell into the floating world by accident. I had bought Mineko Iwasaki's book on a whim and fell in love with geisha and maiko. And so here I am. My user name is my cat's name by the way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next