It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:01 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: Changes, Upgrades, and Feedback.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
There's a few little changes that are going on that's going to affect how the board looks. :) I thank you all for being here, posting, and contributing, already, the Forum is getting more members, more posts, and is becoming better every day, thanks! :D

The forum is just about a month old, and I will be implementing a few new things. Quick reply is working now, and the avatar limit has been upped from 80 X 80 to 100 X 100. I may disable the image uploaded, as, it doesn't seem to work to well, and the previews are, well, crappy at best, so, photobucket should work just fine for images. :)

I'll be working on Emoticons and Rank Images over the next few days, and I could really use everyone's input on what they'd like to see and what they want. On Emoticons, feel free to submit your own if you'd like, I don't mind and it takes a little bit of the edge off of me. :) If you click, "View More Emoticons" you can bring up a little template I made, that can be used as well, and will be probably what I'll be using. :)

Also, I need some ideas on how to do the rank images, they're going to appear atop of avatars, and I am not sure how to change that, nor if it's going to look too great. :/ I think it'd be best if the rank images showed up below avatars, but as of the moment, I don't know how to fight with that to get it working. . .

That's just a few things, feel free to write feedback, suggestions, etc, etc. :) Thanks again guys for being here. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:22 pm 
Toshi No Miya

Favorite Geiko: Naokazu + Suzuko
Favorite Maiko: Tsuruha
thx for the bigger avatars :D i should have suggested this earlier *haha*

for the emotes, i will try but i don't know if anything usefull will come out.

for the ranks, after how many posts do the ranks change?
if you plan using rank images, i think that after the name is sitll the best... never really saw them (in other forums) under the avatar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ichisumi wrote:
thx for the bigger avatars :D i should have suggested this earlier *haha*

for the emotes, i will try but i don't know if anything usefull will come out.

for the ranks, after how many posts do the ranks change?
if you plan using rank images, i think that after the name is sitll the best... never really saw them (in other forums) under the avatar.

Shikomi 0
Minarai 60
Misedashi 90
Junior Maiko 110
Senior Maiko 200
Erikae 290
Geiko 320

This is what I have thus far, though I may add more inbetween and space things out, it depends on input. I will probably post a support question on the freeforums support forum. I hope it doesn't involve having to change the layout. >< That would be most frustrating! ::sigh:: Yet I do not like the idea of the Rank appearing before the Avatar, and I doubt any others will like it much either. :/ It doesn't appear nice on the eyes either. I had a card holder for the Shikomi rank image on for 30 seconds before I turned it off because it didn't look right. :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:58 pm 
Toshi No Miya

first of all, the 100x100 avatars look much much better! thx for the upgrade.

u know better than i about what looks better on the forums, so u should be right ^__^;;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:17 pm 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Mayuha and Kimika
Favorite Maiko: Fukusuzu
It would be great to have a wide variety of different rank systems. Not only Geiko, Tayuu, and Onnagata, but maybe some other aspects of the karyukai like becoming an okamisan, or the head of the ochaya.

Or maybe even some historical ones for the history buffs out there, like going up the ranks as a noble lady in different periods (Heian and Edo are most popular I think).

I just recently got into the use of emoticons, so I'm biased in how important they should be. I'm actually pretty happy with the generic ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:14 pm 
Toshi No Miya

ok... so here is what i tried to create... not that special... ^^;

Image minarai

Image first year maiko

Image maiko

Image senior maiko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ichisumi-san, you're so talented, those are so very nice, you made my meager little template look so cute! :D

Fuyou-san, I do plan on more ranks, such as okamisan and such, though I am unsure the amount posts would be a good amount, yet not too high to annoy the member base. ^^;; I'd like to further the Maiko part, perhaps by year, or collar changes.

The problems with doing an onnagata line is I don't have the capabilities to edit a lot of the scripts, especially ranks and such. If someone wants to make a line for those, I'd be more then happy to manually to switch ranks for those lines. I can do that, but I can't automate two lines or more, as far as I know at the moment, but I will look into it. :) Anything to make the members happiest. :D

I don't yet know how the ranks should be laid out. I'm thinking, that they will be around 100 pixels wide to neatly integrate with the new avatar width. I don't think they'll be as tall, maybe a little pixel mural.

For Shikomi, I thought of pixeling a girl in kimono, without nihongami or makeup holding a Maiko's Kago as if carrying it for a Maiko-san. That's just an example, or idea. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:34 pm 
Toshi No Miya

u are to kind.... all i did was adding some little things, that was all.

made an astonished emoticon Imageand a sad one too Image

devil maiko would be funny too! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:37 pm 
Sakkou
Sakkou

Favorite Geiko: Kikumaru Yasuha
Yeah, one thing that would be cool is getting rid of the ads! How many points do you have to have to get rid of them?

Also, I would like to keep the Direct Upload image system that we have here. I have had issues with other forums when it comes to the photobucket method. One particular forum kind of screwed up the image size of my avatar. The file on photobucket was of proper size but somehow on their forum, it was improper size. Unfortunately, they were real jerks about the situation and wouldn't even accept obvious proof that the image on my computer and that I uploaded on photobucket was the proper size. I don't want to go through that again. No Mam!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

DameDiabolique wrote:
Yeah, one thing that would be cool is getting rid of the ads! How many points do you have to have to get rid of them?

Also, I would like to keep the Direct Upload image system that we have here. I have had issues with other forums when it comes to the photobucket method. One particular forum kind of screwed up the image size of my avatar. The file on photobucket was of proper size but somehow on their forum, it was improper size. Unfortunately, they were real jerks about the situation and wouldn't even accept obvious proof that the image on my computer and that I uploaded on photobucket was the proper size. I don't want to go through that again. No Mam!!!!!

I see you donated, thank you so much! Ad removal is $4.95 a month. ^^ Since it is your money and your donation, would you like me to redeem the ad removal then? :)

I won't be removing direct uploading for avatars, not even close. I just mean to disable the direct upload for images to be posted in the forum. Don't worry about image sizes, I'm not going to get in a tantrum over a picture a little too large. XD Life's too short to get one's knickers in a knot over a picture or avatar.

Ichisumi, wonderful job on the emotes, I'll be adding those in a minute! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:13 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

I made a possible template for a emoticon.

(similar to an IG, but I didn't copy. I made it from scratch)

It is small and cute, but may need improvement (if we wanted to use it). Perhaps the face is too small.. Anyway, it is a possibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LittleMai wrote:
I made a possible template for a emoticon.

(similar to an IG, but I didn't copy. I made it from scratch)

It is small and cute, but may need improvement (if we wanted to use it). Perhaps the face is too small.. Anyway, it is a possibility.

It's adorable! I cleaned the outside and added transparency. :) Not all emoticons need to be big. : maismile : without spaces will make your emote. :maismile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:47 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Arigatou!

I spun off some more if you want to use any~

The color might get blurry when I upload them..

Last edited by LittleMai on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Devil Maiko it is . . .

:twisted:

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:33 am 
Sakkou
Sakkou

Favorite Geiko: Kikumaru Yasuha
Tsuruko wrote:
DameDiabolique wrote:

I see you donated, thank you so much! Ad removal is $4.95 a month. ^^ Since it is your money and your donation, would you like me to redeem the ad removal then? :)

I won't be removing direct uploading for avatars, not even close. I just mean to disable the direct upload for images to be posted in the forum. Don't worry about image sizes, I'm not going to get in a tantrum over a picture a little too large. XD Life's too short to get one's knickers in a knot over a picture or avatar.

Ichisumi, wonderful job on the emotes, I'll be adding those in a minute! :D

$4.95 a month???? That is looney toons...you can do what you want with my donation. I would rather you save it up for something you might have been wanting to do to the forum that could make a bigger impact. Unless everyone wants the ads gone. They are not all that important. I just did not know it was $4.95 a month to get rid of them. Use the money to add extra features that would make a significant difference in the forum, for my opinion.

Oh OK. Thanks for the reassurance. Of course I would never purposely intend to try to break any rules. I have an enormous amount of respect for not just you but everyone in the forum. It is just that the owner and the moderators of that forum were jerks. Of course Tsuruko is has a level of sophistication that is beyond the level of those guys so I would expect the moderators of this forum to be fair and just. That I am grateful for.