It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:52 am

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: Re: Changes and Feedback for 11-20-10
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:58 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Favorite Geiko: Mamechiho
Favorite Maiko: Sakiko
I'd be delighted to see the henshin thread go as I have formed the opinion that we shouldn't laugh at these people (though I have been guilty of this myself in the past). I guess I see them differently now and feel they are legitimately having fun and so I do not want to make fun of them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:41 pm 
Sakkou
Sakkou

Favorite Geiko: Kikumaru Yasuha
I don't see it so much as making fun of the person who is doing the henshin, but the quality of the studio. I couldn't care less because well I don't care, but if it were me, I wouldn't get rid of the thread I would just change the tone. We are no so much criticizing the person but the studio.

I see it like secret shopping or reviewing a restaurant or a bad piece of art.

In fact, try to look at it on the bright side. Say we knew the name of the studio that are doing the outfits. The thread could be a way to warn people. HEY DON'T GO TO THIS HENSHIN STUDIO OR THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL LOOK LIKE. And then point out what exactly is wrong with the outfit. The wig is messed up, the outfit fails, etc.

I have never even seen the thread except twice but it's not like they are in there saying people's names." Amy Smith from Hoboken, New Jersey went to Kyoto and looks like a drag queen in a henshin outfit!" Come On!!!!!! Now if that kind of behavior is going on then maybe that post should be taking down.

I think that the thread could be more neutral. Why not show the Best outfits along with the worsts, don't mention names, don't attack people, try to find out the studios, and honestly critique the outfit. They put it out on the internet for the WORLD to view it. If they don't want people commenting on it or linking to it, then make it private.

Again, I don't care either way however, I want to put up an argument for the "Why it should stay" position. It's more of a free speech thing (so long as it doesn't make others cry). We are all adults here (most of us anyway)

And if people are going to get so upset over one thread then maybe they shouldn't be going on a free forum in the first place. You can't please everyone. Tsuruko Maiko Forum is WAY BIGGER than one thread. We may lose a few folks, but you can't please everyone.

Last edited by DameDiabolique on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:41 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Yeah, sure, making the thread more neutral is fine by me. Good idea DameDiabolique.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:13 am 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Mamechiho Mayuha Mao
Favorite Maiko: Satsuki
I agree DameDiabolique.

But I think it will be a bit hard to find out certain henshin studios name.
I mean how are we going to do it? :? Send a private e-mail and ask the person where did he/she do the dress-up?
And what if that person doesn't want to give out such information?

We were also showing nice henshin pictures, like little girls dressed up, or even with Ichifuku in sakko and the "chibi maiko" girl... :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:17 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Actually I had the same thought, Fumikazu. ie how would we know what came from which studio?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:23 pm 
Minarai
Minarai

Anyway we could figure it out. But the thread definetely should stay.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:46 am 
Minarai
Minarai

If the Worst Henshin thread is staying can we have a Best Henshin thread as a counter?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:27 am 
Junior Maiko
Junior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Fukuya_Fukunao
Favorite Maiko: Tanewaka_Fukusato
I second the Best Henshin idea! I love seeing the cute little girl henshin and funny old lady/man henshin! :chuuu: I personally don't care either way about the Bad Henshin thread... I don't even really look at it. I mean, there is only so much you can say before it gets repetitive. "Look, another bad wig and unseasonal kanzashi!" so I'm all for turning it into an educational thread about the inaccuracies of henshin.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:13 pm 
Okasan
Okasan

I am for a more informative approach to the henshin thread too! Not only to point out what makes a henshin good or bad, but also to know which studios are best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:40 am 
Okasan

Favorite Geiko: Ichiteru Makino
I was surprised by the change in Geiko and Maiko Gallery section. It's neater, I like it ^^.

I think I'm fine with the current setting of the Erikae, Sakkou, Misedashi, Senior Maiko topics etc. I feel like Flower and Willow World section is for general stuff, while Geiko and Maiko Gallery is for our favorite ones.

The Worst Henshin topic, it would help if the title be changed to Henshin (w/o the worst) so it would be neutral ^^.

I was able to participate in the last Tsuruko Maiko Beauty Pageant, and I enjoyed it. ^^ This event should be done again! And also, I agree in making a subforum dedicated for this, and maybe a topic on that subforum should display the past winners. I think Tsunemomo was the winner last time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:05 am 
I agree about to change the name of The Worst Henshin topic to a more neutral title, it will be less directed against the girls who didn't have the luck (or enough money ?) to rent their outfit in a good Henshin shop.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:15 pm 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

I agree too. I wanted to change the title (I thought I can do it.....), but I only managed to change the subject of the topic from "worst..." into "Nice and erronate henshin outfits"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:21 pm 
Okasan

You can edit the title of your own-made topics. Go to your very first post then click 'edit' at the bottom right. ^^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:11 pm 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

I did that as you said, chronos, but it doesn't work...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:38 pm 
Okasan

Really? HHhmm. I don't know, I was able to do it just recently with the Ume-maiko thread. Let's just wait for other responses.