It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject: ** *ANIME* **
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:39 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Hey everyone!
Let's talk anime!
What types do you like?
Favorite shows?
Favorite charactors?

One of my favorites is InuYasha.
My favorite charactor is Sesshomaru, he is a persice, powerful, deadly demon with the heart of a hero. I find InuYasha to be annoying at times.

There's a lot more anime I like too!
Tell me what you like.

Post subject: Anime
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:32 am 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Umeha
I prefer anime that is shorter then 25-30 episodes long. I am a big fan of Shojo, especially Yu Watase's work like Fushigi Yuugi and Ceres. Dragon Ball Z is the only exception to my rule about anime, because I usually watch them 4 episodes at a time. I also like Macross Plus and Gundam, the original storyline, not all those spinoffs like Seed and G Gundam. I also enjoy Appleseed and Appleseed: Ex Machina. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:56 am 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Mayuha and Kimika
Favorite Maiko: Fukusuzu
I've been falling away from Anime recently (does the last two years count as recently...). I still like some fanfiction and manga, though.

Fanfiction wise, it's all Inuyasha. I agree with you, Tsukiryuu, about how annoying Inuyasha (the character) is. I really do prefer Sesshoumaru... and Kagome... and that pairing...

Manga wise, I'm totally addicted to Detective Conan right now. You have to appreciate the classics. Conan's so addictive, and I adore the mangaka's sense of humor. I also like Red River, xxxHolic, Kitchen Princess (primarily for the recipes, not the actual manga), and Wild Ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:09 am 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

Wild Ones is damn good. I love the kimono motifs on the covers\. Two of the covers look like she is going for an Oiran style motif.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:12 am 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

The kimono are awesome. I laughed when Sachi got all flustered because she had to wear a gaudy yukata with a dragon on it. I felt her pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:09 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

I love Yazawa Ai's work, especially Gokinjo Monogatari and NANA! I also like Tactics, Hikaru no Go, Rurouni Kenshin, Chobits, Full Metal Panic, Vandread, Serial Experiment Lain, Wolf's Rain, Trinity Blood, Honey and Clover, Slam Dunk.. I love a whole lot of them, really :P I used to like Bleach and Naruto alot, but it's turning a little longer than I like. I still follow the manga anway :D I'm not absolutely crazy over Watase Yuu's work, but I'm very fond of them, as they bring back memories of my high school days and friends who have drifted apart. The artwork is nice, though!! Especially Ayashi no Ceres *hearts*

I'll admit I'm a bit of an otaku :D I love nearly any anime I watch and any manga I read, and enjoy cosplay too haha.

My favourite genre changes, but I like either the really sappy romance type, or the serious ones with no romance (or very subtle hints of it) at all. I usually pick anime depending on how good the artwork is. I love CLAMP artwork, and try to collect the artbooks. My favourite one so far is Chobits' "Your Eyes Only".

I don't have a favourite character, cos I like too many of them for any one to be called a favourite!

Favourite fanfiction is Naruto and Hikaru no Go. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:20 pm 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

Trinity Blood was good until the ending, which was a total letdown. Yeah, Yuu Watase's work brings back memories for me of my early High school days, working in the library and getting the first pick of all the manga we just got in. I also like really violent anime, Berserk, Guyver, Wicked city, and the manga version of Akira(good times). Seraphic Feather Manga. I don't really like Vampires because I believe the genre is way too overused. I mean name one manga where it's the chick who is a beautiful vampire/demon/superbeing, that actually ends on a good note? I do like Vampire Knight, only because Yuuki Cross is ready and willing to become a vampire.

Handsome boy vampire is way too overused and stems from a psychological thing where a girl wants to feel vulnarable but feels like she cant so she fantasizes about some handsome vampire taking her away. Vampires are also a prominent symbol for teen angst.

Tactics is pretty, but I am not into the whole Yaoi scene, now before this becomes a discussion about Yaoi, because every Japanese forum has a whole slough of Yaoi loving fangirls. It's just not my thing and I honestly don't understand why a girl would read manga about boys loving boys, and write fanfics about characters who chances are would never be together in real life/main storyline.

I'm not much of an Otaku, I prefer traditional japan over this new poppy anime craze. When I see Otaku girls in the bookstore chanting the themesongs of their favorite anime, speaking broken japanese that they learned off reading subtitles, and ridiculous clothes...I turn right the other way. I wonder why these chicks make themselves stereotypes, don't they know how dumb they look? Well I guess not everyone can both combine fashion sense, and geekness. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:14 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Cortana wrote:
Well I guess not everyone can both combine fashion sense, and geekness. 8)

Yeah! :D I like that sentence!

I'd completely forgotten Trinity Blood had a crap ending. My copy is with my brother at the moment, so I haven't actually watched it in years. Oh, I forgot to add that I LOVE weird, quirky stuff like Samurai Champloo and Azumanga Daiou! Ouran is hilarious, if only for the sheer ridiculousness of it. I don't much like manga where it's all guys + 1 girl or all girls + 1 guy.

I may say I'm a little bit of an otaku when it comes to anime, but I haven't really watched anything new in about 2 years :oops: My fanaticism over kimono (and uni *sighs*) has taken over my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:07 pm 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

Yeah the one manga and anime that I liked that actually had all girls +1 guy was Tenchi Muyo... And that was it. Partially because they were very traditional Japanese, in an awesome sci fi way. All this other stuff is just fan service. One of my all time favorites, despite the fact that Gene Starwind is a womanizing douchebag, was Outlaw Star. Lot's of memories, I even named my Dark Elf character on Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Melfina...and named my cat after that Elf in Oblivion. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:19 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

i must admit that i am a MAJOR otaku/fujoshi :oops: , the only thing i dislike is yuri, shotacon and lolicon.

anime i am currently watching is the newest bleach, naruto, kyou kara maou, Natsume Yuujinchou, Katekyo Hitman Reborn. and waiting for kuroshitsuji, Vampire Knight Guilty, switch and junjou romantica.

i got many anime favs, but some that made an impression is furuba(manga too) , wolf's rain(manga too) , neon genesis evangelion.

some of my fav mangaka is TAKAYA Natsuki, sakuraga mei, Yamane Ayano, NISHIMURA Shuuko, HINO Matsuri , Naked Ape, all clamps works and TOBOSO Yana.

i don't really like ecchi anime sinces, most ecchi anime contains females with super large breasts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:01 am 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

I'm a total Clamp fan. That's where my art style stems from. Although, I didn't really like RG Veda or Wish.

I think yuri work could be way better if it wasn't so ...ecchi... I think it has the potential to be really beautiful, like the relationship between Tomoyo/Sakura in Card Captor Sakura, but most of it's directed towards men...

I'm not a big fan of the harem manga either. Negima weirds me out, on many levels, but Tenchi Muyo and Ouran were good. Tenchi had that traditional twist on it, and Ouran broke a lot of the rules with such a practical/cool/apathetic main female character.

For the most part, I stick to good ol' shoujo, since I'm not going to get any (disgusting) surprises. I've been reading more Josei, though, and that's pretty good, too. Usagi Drop and Midnight Secretary are pretty good in that category.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:06 am 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

I haven't really heard of many Josei manga aside from a few. Mainly because bookstores rarely carry it. They mostly cater to the Shonen/Shojo/Yaoi/Yuri highschool crowd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:51 pm 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

Go to online scanlations sights like Onemanga and Mangafox. They'll have a lot of the stuff that doesn't make it to the west for some reason or another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:42 pm 

Favorite Geiko: Miehina
Favorite Maiko: Mametomi
I really don't read to much Manga or watch to much Anime. Some of my favorites are Gravitation and Inuyasha. It's really hard finding new Manga in this town. So I tend to re-read things. I do watch some of the movies. But they always seem to be sort of a let down for me! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:51 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

if you are looking for a pitcular manga or genre try searching on http://www.mangaupdates.com/, they usually got the newest info