It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:57 pm 
Senior Maiko
Senior Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Mayuha and Kimika
Favorite Maiko: Fukusuzu
Mamehana wrote:
To me dubs ruin the feel of an anime. For example, Japanese puns aren't funny when dubbed since they aren't explained like in most fan-subs! I always watch in subs ^^

I would agree for most anime, but I have seen anime that were funnier in English, and not because of accidents or bad dubbing. Slayers, for instance, has much better puns in English than it does in Japanese.

Oiran wrote:
But what do You think about dubbing in anime in general?

I usually don't watch dubs when I do watch anime, but my brother almost always watches dubs because he's dyslexic and he can't keep up with the subs. He only watches the subs once to hear what the original voices are like, and then he goes back to dubs. I asked him what he thought of dubs after hearing the original, and he still thinks dubs are really good. So, I think unless the anime depends entirely on its humor and puns for its attraction (like Yakitate Japan for instance), dubbing doesn't harm an anime all that much. I think a dub depends on the quality of the voice actors, and if there are good voice actors, then I don't think the anime is losing anything by being in English as opposed to Japanese.

Post subject: Re: ** *ANIME* **
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:52 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

One anime I fell in love with when I first saw it was "Natsume Yuujinchou".

Here's the summary here:

For as long as he can remember, Takashi has been cursed by the ability to see spirits, a power inherited from his grandmother Reiko. Upon her death, Reiko bequeaths to her grandson several of her belongings - including the Book of Friends, a book containing the names of spirits Reiko had bullied into servitude. The Book of Friends is a highly prized item in the spirit world, and spirits hound Takashi constantly. Whereas Reiko formed the contracts, however, Takashi spends his time dissolving the contracts and releasing the various spirits that come to him for help. But that doesn't mean there aren't malicious spirits trying to kill him. Which is where Madara (called Nyanko-sensei by Natsume) comes in; Madara serves as Natsume's bodyguard and spiritual advisor of sorts, even though he is motivated by his own desire to possess the Book of Friends. He later on begins to become more attached to Takashi

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:03 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Fuyouhime wrote:
I think a dub depends on the quality of the voice actors, and if there are good voice actors, then I don't think the anime is losing anything by being in English as opposed to Japanese.

Well, that's right down to the bottom. Thouhg I really in most cases prefer the originals - the guys that chose the voice actors in those anime I watch, could do better.

I will ask now about some good soundtracks - how 'bout them? Any fav ones?

My Gardens of Wisteria...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:07 pm 
Okasan

Favorite Geiko: Ichiteru Makino
FMA has good soundtracks...
the new one is by YUI... Again, I like it!
I forgot the season 1 songs.. but they're also good!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:20 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Favorite Maiko: Ayano
I'm a big fan of MoNoNoKe (and Ayakashi - the BakeNeko episodes).
I'm in love with the Medicine Seller's character, and I'm absolutely fan of his seiyuu, Sakurai Takahiro. :oops:
But I'm in love with the whole series, my bedroom's wall is full with paintings in this style. ^^ I haven't finished the painting, but I continue it.

My other love is Saiunkoku monogatari because of the music and the drawing style, and naturally the clothes. maikoemotebase

Out of these I really like Ouran High School Host Club, they're really funny <3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:31 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

I like anything with cats in it. I'm currently watching Natsume Yuujinchou on Crunchyroll. Nyanko-sensei is so cute and hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:03 pm 
The Okasan
The Okasan

Favorite Geiko: Mamesuzu
Favorite Maiko: Satsuki
About Anime in general I learnt yesterday that the character designer Shingo Araki is dead. His most famous work (for me) is Saint Seiya but he did also Goldorak, Ulysse 31 etc. (see others : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingo_Araki )

He was very talented, if you compare for example the manga Saint Seiya and the Anime there is no doubt about his talent, this serie wouldn't have become so popular without his work.

My avatar is a photo taken by Canonplanet :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canondream/4527052848

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:03 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

I love anime!!! Movies and series also.
My favourite is Yu Yu Hakusho, my first anime. What I saw in last years the best was Claymore.