It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Tsuruko Maiko
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our growing community!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:42 am 
Misedashi
Misedashi

Favorite Geiko: Mineko and Wakana
Favorite Maiko: Tsuruha
I like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Hellsing, Turn A Gundam, Angel Heart, Claymore, Bleach (but I'm falling away from it), Rurouni Kenshin, Escaflowne...

I prefer the "historical fiction" type anime and the Ghost in the Shell type. The thinking type...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:54 am 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Umeha
If you like the ultraviolence of unedited Escaflowne, you'll like Berserk. It's a great Anime and Manga. It's based in a more medieval time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:05 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Has anyone seen Trigun? I really like that one.
What about Lupin the Third or Case Closed? Those are both kinda old, but really funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Geiko: Ichisayo
Favorite Maiko: Mamesome
I'm not too much of a fan of Anime, but I do like a lot of vintage stuffs.

What is it about me liking old stuff? XDDD

I love Gatchaman ( really excited about the new movie that's coming out someday! ), Macross, Lodoss War, etc, etc.

The newest series I've liked has been Berserk. I was just saddened when it ended after only one season or so, yet the Manga goes on. I just don't have the funds or the dedication to keep up with a Manga series. I like watching animation because I can multi-task it. Can't do that if I'm reading. :/

Even though it's not Japanese ( though loved by the Japanese ), I'm a HUGE fan of the original Transformer series. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:04 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Fuyouhime wrote:
I've been falling away from Anime recently (does the last two years count as recently...). I still like some fanfiction and manga, though.

Fanfiction wise, it's all Inuyasha. I agree with you, Tsukiryuu, about how annoying Inuyasha (the character) is. I really do prefer Sesshoumaru... and Kagome... and that pairing...

Manga wise, I'm totally addicted to Detective Conan right now. You have to appreciate the classics. Conan's so addictive, and I adore the mangaka's sense of humor. I also like Red River, xxxHolic, Kitchen Princess (primarily for the recipes, not the actual manga), and Wild Ones.
I'm a Sess/ Kagome fan myself, are you a FF.net member?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:11 pm 
First Year Maiko
First Year Maiko

Favorite Geiko: Umeha
Tsuruko wrote:
I'm not too much of a fan of Anime, but I do like a lot of vintage stuffs.

What is it about me liking old stuff? XDDD

I love Gatchaman ( really excited about the new movie that's coming out someday! ), Macross, Lodoss War, etc, etc.

The newest series I've liked has been Berserk. I was just saddened when it ended after only one season or so, yet the Manga goes on. I just don't have the funds or the dedication to keep up with a Manga series. I like watching animation because I can multi-task it. Can't do that if I'm reading. :/

Even though it's not Japanese ( though loved by the Japanese ), I'm a HUGE fan of the original Transformer series. :D

I'm a big fan of all the old 70's anime, Captain Harlock, Gundam 79, Lupin.

My man "Hedgehog" also has all the Berserk manga so far, we have them all over our house. He's waiting for the latest copy, I think it was Berserk 24 or 25.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:17 pm 
Misedashi
Misedashi

Favorite Geiko: Kikutsuru Umeha
I'm maybe no true manga or anime fan, but I'm in love with "Hellsing" (manga, anime and OVA). I absolutely adore Integra ;) I like "Cowboy Bebop" too. Spike is kinda cute :) That's all.

Last edited by Yuki on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:33 am 
Sakkou
Sakkou

Favorite Geiko: Kikumaru Yasuha
New Anime I just found out about... Usually I just stick to my favorites and watch them over and over but I found out about a new one and I love it...

The name is Full Moon wo Sagashite. It is a very cute anime about a girl named Mitsuki, 12, who has throat cancer and is afraid to get surgery because of the high risk she could lose her voice. Her biggest dream is to become a singing start so that she can reach her long lost crush, Eichi, 18.

Jail bait, if you ask me...

Then, one day the Shinagami (spirits) duo, Negi Ramen (Takuto and Meroko), appear out of no where and help Mitsuki turn into a 16 year old star named Full Moon. Full Moon becomes a big star and a bunch of other stuff happens.

This is the link to the Playlist. 56 episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 409EAD0C1A

It is a very cute and charming anime

Oh, and they talk about Maiko-sans in episode 33, if you can get that far...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:07 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

My interest in anime/manga has waned over the years. I used to be a huge fan of pretty much any anime that flew my way, but now I just have my three:

Azumanga Daioh
Excel Saga (Go Menchi!)
and The Slayers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:49 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Favorite Geiko: Mao Kikuyuu Yukako
Favorite Maiko: Mamehana Fukuhiro
I love slice of life animes like Azumanga Daioh (Go Osaka-san xD) and Lucky Star, which are both so hilarious and random lmao! Lucky Star has loads of anime references, particualrly The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [that's also a pretty good anime].

My current obsession is Bleach. I can't get enough of it!! I'm up to episode 52... damn I love Renji-sama - I even drew him! (http://abarai-renji-sama.deviantart.com/art/Bleach-Abarai-Renji-121143050) xDD

I love the manga Hana-Kimi, Strawberry Marshmallow and have watched Vampire Knight. I'm planning on watching/reading Fullmetal Alchemist and Fushigi Yuugi, my friend reccomended them to me :D Oh also Absolute Boyfriend xD

Basically I love heaps of different manga and anime... I don't mind yaoi either... xD <3

It was as sweet as something
Like a memory of our first love
╚═══════════════╝

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:32 am 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Naruto (although I just like the Akatsuki,) Rurouni Kenshin (awesomness and kimono!) and Inuyasha (I first got interested in kimono when I saw the awesome Heian-ish dress Inuyasha's mom wears.) I also like Sailor Moon, although it's been years since I've seen the anime...

*is an anime geek*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:04 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Komiiro - we have something in common than!
Ghost in thr shell - the SAC, 2nd GIG and SSS just rule IMHO

And Saito - the GitS sniper is just the best :D

Oh, and BTW... I really love the originals (in most anime!) - the dubbing in the English-speaking version of GitS was just... not right for me. It is a matter of personal taste though... But what do You think about dubbing in anime in general?

My Gardens of Wisteria...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:05 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Oiran wrote:

Oh, and BTW... I really love the originals (in most anime!) - the dubbing in the English-speaking version of GitS was just... not right for me. It is a matter of personal taste though... But what do You think about dubbing in anime in general?

To me dubs ruin the feel of an anime. For example, Japanese puns aren't funny when dubbed since they aren't explained like in most fan-subs! I always watch in subs ^^

╚═══════════════╝

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:08 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

SuperGrouper wrote:
Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Naruto (although I just like the Akatsuki,) Rurouni Kenshin (awesomness and kimono!) and Inuyasha (I first got interested in kimono when I saw the awesome Heian-ish dress Inuyasha's mom wears.) I also like Sailor Moon, although it's been years since I've seen the anime...

*is an anime geek*

Oh I forgot to say about Sailormoon! I love that anime xD I watched just about all the episodes in subs and I'm up to about 190 something now ^^ Too many filler episodes though, those are annoying!

╚═══════════════╝

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:08 pm 
Shikomi
Shikomi

Oiran wrote:

To me dubs ruin the feel of an anime. For example, Japanese puns aren't funny when dubbed since they aren't explained like in most fan-subs! I always watch in subs ^^

╚═══════════════╝